Worthington propane tanks are a popular choice among homeowners and businesses that rely on propane for various applications, including heating, cooking, and outdoor grilling. Worthington Industries, Inc. is a leading global supplier of pressure cylinders and related products, including propane tanks of various sizes and capacities. In this article, we will explore how much a Worthington propane tank costs and factors that may affect the price.
These propane tanks are available in various sizes, ranging from 4.25 lbs to 100 lbs. The most commonly used propane tank is the 20 lbs tank, also known as the BBQ tank, which is suitable for most household applications, including outdoor grilling, patio heaters, and mosquito traps. The cost of a 20 lbs propane tank can vary depending on the retailer, geographic location, and other factors.
Here are the sizes and corresponding price of tank of this brand:
|4LB Steel Cylinder||Steel||4.0 lb||$99.98|
|4.25-lb Refillable Cylinder||Steel||4.25 lb||$94.99|
|10 lb. Empty Aluminum Tank||Aluminum||10 lb||$210.83|
|20-lb Refillable Tank||Steel||20 lb||$59.98|
|11 lb Tank||Steel||11 lb||$119.99|
|40-lb Tank with OPD||Steel||40 lb||$161.49|
|60 lbs. Steel Tank with OPD||Steel||60 lb||$210.99|
|100-lb Steel Tank||Steel||100 lb||$349.99|
Apart from the initial cost of purchasing a propane tank, there are other factors to consider that may affect the overall cost of owning and maintaining a propane tank. These factors include:
- Propane refill cost – Propane is a fuel that needs to be refilled periodically when the tank runs low. The cost of refilling a propane tank can vary depending on the current market price of propane, the retailer, and the geographic location. On average, a refill of a 20 lbs propane tank can cost between $15 to $30, depending on the factors mentioned above.
- Delivery and transportation cost – If you opt for delivery services, you may incur additional fees for transportation and handling. The delivery cost of a Worthington propane tank can vary depending on the retailer, the distance, and the delivery frequency. Some retailers offer free delivery services for bulk orders or regular customers.
- Safety and maintenance cost – Propane tanks require regular safety inspections and maintenance to ensure their safe operation and longevity. The cost of safety inspections and maintenance services can vary depending on the service provider and the type of services required. It is always recommended to schedule regular safety inspections and maintenance services to prevent accidents and prolong the lifespan of your propane tank.
The cost of a propane tank can vary depending on the size, retailer, location, and other factors. It is always recommended to compare prices and deals from different retailers and service providers to ensure that you get the best value for your money and enjoy the benefits of propane fuel in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Table of Contents
Factors That Affect the Price of the Tank
If you’re in the market for a propane tank, you may be wondering how much one will cost. In this article, we’ll explore the factors that influence the price of Worthington propane tanks and give you an idea of what to expect.
The size of the propane tank you choose will be the most significant factor in determining its cost. This brand of propane tanks are available in sizes ranging from 20 pounds to 100 pounds. The smallest tanks, which are typically used for grilling or camping, are the most affordable, with prices ranging from $30 to $60.
Mid-sized tanks, which are suitable for powering small appliances or outdoor heaters, typically cost between $80 and $120. The largest Worthington propane tanks, which are used for commercial or industrial applications, can cost upwards of $400.
These tanks are made from either steel or aluminum. Steel tanks are more affordable, with prices starting at around $50 for a 20-pound tank. Aluminum tanks are more expensive, with prices starting at around $100 for a 20-pound tank.
The way you plan to use your propane tank will also influence its cost. If you plan to use the tank for occasional grilling or camping trips, a smaller tank will be more affordable. If you plan to use the tank to power a home or commercial operation, a larger tank will be necessary, but it will also be more expensive.
The price of propane tanks can also vary depending on your location. If you live in a remote area, you may need to pay more for shipping or have difficulty finding a local retailer. Additionally, the price of propane itself can vary depending on your location and market conditions.
The cost of a Worthington propane tank can vary depending on a variety of factors, including size, material, usage, and location. Generally, smaller tanks are more affordable, while larger tanks designed for commercial or industrial use can be quite expensive. If you’re in the market for a propane tank, it’s important to consider your specific needs and budget to find the best option for you.
Aluminum vs Steel Propane Tank
|Feature||Aluminum Propane Tank||Steel Propane Tank|
|Weight||Lighter weight, making it easier to transport||Heavier weight, making it more difficult to transport|
|Corrosion Resistance||Highly resistant to corrosion, making it ideal for coastal or humid areas||Susceptible to rust and corrosion, which can lead to leaks|
|Price||More expensive than steel tanks due to material costs||Less expensive than aluminum tanks|
|Durability||More susceptible to damage from dents or impacts||More durable and resistant to damage|
|Appearance||Sleek, modern appearance that is often preferred for aesthetic reasons||Traditional, industrial appearance|
|Recyclability||Highly recyclable, making it a more environmentally friendly option||Recyclable, but less so than aluminum|
In general, aluminum propane tanks are a good choice for those who prioritize lightweight, corrosion resistance, and aesthetics, but are willing to pay a higher price for those features. Steel propane tanks are a more affordable option that are more durable, but may require more maintenance over time to prevent rust and corrosion. Ultimately, the choice between aluminum and steel propane tanks will depend on individual needs and preferences.
How to Save Cash When Purchasing Propane Tank
If you’re looking to purchase a propane tank, there are several ways to save money and get the best value for your investment. Here are some tips on how to save cash when purchasing a propane tank:
- Compare Prices: Do your research and compare prices from different retailers to find the best deal. Prices can vary depending on the location and supplier, so shopping around can help you save money.
- Consider Used Propane Tanks: Buying a used propane tank can save you a significant amount of money. Many propane tank retailers offer refurbished or re-certified tanks at a discounted price. Just make sure to check the tank’s condition and ensure that it meets safety standards.
- Look for Promotions and Discounts: Many retailers offer promotions and discounts on propane tanks, especially during the off-season. Look for deals on bulk purchases, referral discounts, or bundle offers.
- Opt for a Larger Tank: Buying a larger propane tank may cost more initially, but it can save you money in the long run. A larger tank can store more propane and reduce the need for frequent refills, which can save you money on delivery and transportation fees.
- Buy Propane in Bulk: Purchasing propane in bulk can save you money on the cost per gallon. Many retailers offer discounted rates for bulk purchases, so consider buying more propane upfront if you have the storage space.
- Invest in Proper Maintenance: Regular maintenance of your propane tank can help prolong its lifespan and prevent costly repairs or replacements. Proper maintenance includes regular safety inspections, cleaning, and repairs as needed.
- Shop Around for Propane Refills: Prices for propane refills can vary depending on the retailer and location. Shop around for the best price or consider joining a propane co-op for discounted rates.
Worthington Tanks are Manufactured according to DOT and ASME Specifications
DOT stands for the Department of Transportation and refers to the set of regulations and standards that propane tanks must meet if they are to be used for transportation. DOT propane tanks are typically used for portable applications such as RVs, camping stoves, and grills. DOT propane tanks are designed to be lightweight and compact, making them easy to transport. These tanks are typically smaller in size and have thinner walls compared to ASME tanks.
ASME stands for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, and it refers to the set of regulations and standards that propane tanks must meet if they are to be used for stationary applications. ASME propane tanks are typically used for permanent installations such as heating systems, cooking appliances, and industrial processes. ASME propane tanks are built to withstand extreme weather conditions and long-term use, and they have thicker walls compared to DOT tanks.
Both DOT and ASME propane tanks are manufactured to strict safety standards and are tested and certified by regulatory authorities. They are built with high-quality materials and are designed to provide safe and reliable propane storage for various applications.
To Make a Conclusion
The cost of a Worthington propane tank can vary depending on various factors such as size, retailer, location, and other factors. While the cost of purchasing the tank itself may seem affordable, other factors such as propane refill, delivery and transportation, safety inspections and maintenance, can add up to the overall cost of owning and maintaining a propane tank. It is always recommended to compare prices and deals from different retailers and service providers to ensure that you get the best value for your money and enjoy the benefits of propane fuel in a safe and cost-effective manner. With proper maintenance and safety precautions, owning a Worthington propane tank can provide a reliable and efficient source of energy for your household or business needs.
Mike is an experienced propane technician with over 15 years of professional experience in the field. He has dedicated his career to helping customers with their propane needs, from installation to maintenance and repair. Together with Jeremy, he co-founded this website to provide useful information and guidance to customers seeking reliable propane services.