As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the average cost of propane in the United States ranged from $2.00 to $3.00 per gallon, depending on factors like location, season, and supply and demand. Keep in mind that Ferrellgas, like other propane providers, may also charge additional fees for services such as tank installation, rental, or maintenance, which can affect the overall cost.
The company may offer various pricing plans, like fixed pricing, capped pricing, or market pricing, which can also impact the cost of propane for their customers. Fixed pricing allows customers to lock in a set price per gallon for a specified period, capped pricing sets an upper limit on the price per gallon, and market pricing means the cost will fluctuate based on current market conditions.
To obtain the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information for propane, I recommend visiting their website, contacting a local office, or reaching out to their customer service department. Make sure to inquire about any additional fees, pricing plans, or promotions that may be available to help you make an informed decision. Additionally, comparing prices with other propane suppliers in your area can ensure you are getting the best deal possible.
Table of Contents
You Can Request a Quote
you can request a quote from Ferrellgas to get accurate and up-to-date pricing information for your propane needs. To request a quote, follow these steps:
- Visit the website: Go to the official website (https://www.ferrellgas.com/) to find information about their propane services and pricing options.
- Locate the “Request a Quote” option: On the homepage, you should find a “Request a Quote” button or link, usually located at the top or within the main navigation menu.
- Fill out the quote request form: Click on the “Request a Quote” link, and you’ll be directed to a form where you’ll need to provide some basic information. This may include your name, contact information, address, and details about your propane usage, such as the size of your tank and average usage.
- Submit the form: Once you’ve completed the form, submit it, and a representative will review your information and get in touch with you to provide a customized quote based on your needs.
- Compare quotes: It’s a good idea to request quotes from multiple propane suppliers in your area to ensure you are getting the best deal possible. Compare the pricing, services, and terms offered by each company before making a decision.
Remember that the quote provided by Ferrellgas will be based on your specific needs and location, and it may include additional fees for services like tank installation, rental, or maintenance. Make sure to discuss these fees and any available pricing plans or promotions with the representative to help you make an informed decision.
The company offers various payment options to accommodate the needs of its customers. While specific payment options may vary by location, the following are some common payment methods that they typically provide:
- Budget Billing: Ferrellgas offers a Budget Billing Plan, which allows customers to spread their propane costs evenly throughout the year by making equal monthly payments based on an estimated annual usage. This helps customers manage their budgets by avoiding large unexpected bills during high usage months.
- Online Payments: Customers can make payments online through the customer portal, MyFerrellgas. This convenient option allows you to pay your bills at any time using a credit/debit card or electronic bank transfer.
- Automatic Payments: this supplier offers an Auto Pay option, where customers can set up automatic payments using a credit/debit card or by linking their bank account. This simplifies the payment process and ensures timely payments.
- Pay by Phone: they allow customers to make payments over the phone by calling their customer service department. You can pay your bill using a credit/debit card or through an electronic bank transfer.
- Pay by Mail: Customers can send their payments by mail in the form of a check or money order to the address provided on their invoice.
- In-Person Payments: In some cases, they may accept in-person payments at local offices. This option allows customers to pay their bills using cash, check, or credit/debit card.
- 30-day payment: A 30-day payment option, also known as “net 30” terms, is a type of credit arrangement where the customer has 30 days from the invoice date to make a payment. This allows customers to receive their propane and make the payment within the specified time frame without incurring any late fees or penalties.
- Pay in advance: Paying in advance, also known as “pre-buy” or “pre-purchase,” is a payment option where customers can purchase a specified amount of propane upfront, typically during off-peak seasons when prices may be lower. This allows customers to lock in a fixed price per gallon for the pre-purchased amount, protecting them from potential price fluctuations during the heating season.
Please note that available payment options may vary depending on your location and the services you receive from Ferrellgas. It is always a good idea to contact your local Ferrellgas office or visit their website to confirm the payment options available to you.
How to Save Money on Propane
There are several strategies you can use to save money on propane. Here are some tips to help you reduce your propane costs:
- Shop around and compare prices: Reach out to multiple propane suppliers in your area and request quotes to compare prices. This will give you an idea of the best rates and help you choose the most cost-effective supplier.
- Lock in a fixed price: Some propane suppliers offer fixed pricing, which allows you to lock in a set price per gallon for a specified period. This can help protect you against price fluctuations and make it easier to budget for your propane expenses.
- Buy in bulk: Purchasing larger quantities of propane at once can sometimes result in lower prices per gallon. If you have the storage capacity, consider filling your tank during off-peak seasons when prices may be lower.
- Maintain your propane equipment: Regular maintenance of your propane appliances and heating systems can help them run more efficiently, ultimately reducing your propane usage and costs. Be sure to schedule regular maintenance checks and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for your equipment.
- Improve your home’s energy efficiency: Taking steps to make your home more energy-efficient can reduce your overall propane consumption. This can include adding insulation, sealing air leaks, installing energy-efficient windows, and using a programmable thermostat.
- Use energy-efficient appliances: When it’s time to replace your propane appliances, look for energy-efficient models that have the ENERGY STAR label. These appliances use less propane and can save you money in the long run.
- Take advantage of promotions and discounts: Keep an eye out for promotions, discounts, or rebates offered by propane suppliers. This can include incentives for new customers, referrals, or discounts for certain payment methods.
- Monitor your usage: Regularly monitoring your propane usage can help you identify patterns and make adjustments to reduce consumption. You can also consider using a propane tank monitoring system to keep track of your propane levels and usage more easily.
- Use propane conservatively: Make conscious efforts to conserve propane by lowering the thermostat when you’re not at home or when you’re sleeping, using blankets and warm clothing to stay comfortable, and turning off appliances when they’re not in use.
By implementing these strategies, you can save money on propane costs and reduce your overall energy consumption. Remember that it’s essential to choose a reputable propane supplier that offers competitive pricing and reliable service.
If You Have Inquiries About Payment and Pricing, Contact the Customer Service
If you have questions or concerns about payment options, pricing, or any other aspect of your propane service with Ferrellgas or any other propane supplier, it’s essential to contact their customer service department for assistance. Customer service representatives can provide accurate, up-to-date information about available payment options, pricing plans, and any additional fees or charges that may apply.
To contact customer service, you can:
- Call their customer service phone number: Look for the phone number on your invoice or visit the website to find the appropriate contact number for your region.
- Use their online contact form: Visit the website and navigate to the “Contact Us” page. Fill out the contact form with your name, email address, phone number, and a description of your inquiry or concern. A customer service representative will typically respond to your inquiry within a few business days.
- Visit a local office: If you have a Ferrellgas office nearby, you can visit in person to speak with a representative who can assist you with your payment and pricing inquiries.
Remember to have your account information handy when contacting customer service, as this will help the representative provide you with accurate information specific to your account. Don’t hesitate to ask questions or request clarification to ensure you fully understand your payment options, pricing plans, and any additional fees that may apply.
How to Find a Location
To find a location near you, follow these steps:
- Visit the website: Go to the official website (https://www.ferrellgas.com/).
- Locate the “Find a Location” option: On the homepage, you should find a “Find a Location” button or link, usually located at the top or within the main navigation menu.
- Enter your location information: Click on the “Find a Location” link, and you will be directed to a search page where you can enter your zip code, city, or state to find the nearest location.
- Review the search results: After entering your location information and clicking “Search” or “Submit,” you will see a list of nearby locations, along with their addresses, phone numbers, and any additional information specific to each location.
- Contact or visit the location: Use the provided contact information to call or visit the location that best suits your needs. The local office can assist you with propane delivery, tank installation, pricing inquiries, and other services.
Keep in mind that Ferrellgas operates in many states across the U.S., so you may find multiple locations within your area. By locating the nearest office, you can ensure you receive efficient and reliable service for your propane needs.
The cost of Ferrellgas propane varies depending on factors such as location, market prices, and individual usage requirements. To get the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information, it is essential to request a customized quote by providing details about your specific propane needs. Comparing quotes from multiple suppliers can also help you find the best deal for your propane requirements.
Additionally, taking advantage of available payment options, promotions, and energy-saving strategies can help you save money on your propane costs. By choosing a reputable and reliable propane supplier like Ferrellgas, you can ensure you receive competitive pricing and high-quality service for all your propane needs.
Mike is an experienced propane technician with over 15 years of professional experience in the field. He has dedicated his career to helping customers with their propane needs, from installation to maintenance and repair. Together with Jeremy, he co-founded this website to provide useful information and guidance to customers seeking reliable propane services.